Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Food Affair<33












Todaaaaaaay i went to school... did my stuff... got back home... and hopped on to my lappie. So here I am again... HAH! NO WAY. Too mundane for Le Gluttone. Well I met Nat after school, and we went to Takashimayaaaa! You know that food hall on the right of Auntie Anne's (btw, I <3 Auntie Anne's!)? Another food haven, I swear. I think I I may have mentioned another haven in some other post but yeah... still! So yup we spent some time there. Loved the free samples they were giving out at almost every store^^ from yoghurt, to cookies, to chocolates, to tarts, nuts, and all sorts o' stuff! Gosh, i'm a real sucker for those goodies. Aaaaahh, ample samples gimme dimples, oh dear those pimples....................... LOL. Okay, ignore, i'm still on Cloud 9(the chocolate brand). Besides the samples, we shared a $15 box of Royce's Chocolates. It was the first thing we bought! Its called ROYCE' POTECHI CRUNCH CHOCOLATE(above). That's balls in a mix of chocolate and crumbed pototo chips. Upon purchase, we couldnt resist but to have a ball each immediately. A lil' on the salty side, but obviously right? Chips, whaddaya expect. 1 bag of 'em, the sodium level in your body sky-rockets instantly. Ha! It had a really unique taste though, very unusual, and I liked it. So did he:) The 2 complemented each other in the wierdest way! We managed to tahan the urge to grab another ball, to save our tummy's for more pleasures to come. Shamelessly, we went from store to store grabbing samples and then running away to hide our faces. Greed is bliss. Then we got Venezia ice-cream! *droooooooooooolzzzzzz* 2scoops: Dark Chocolate/Cherry Garcia(above). yummmmmmmmmmm=p It was a tough choice though, with the range of choices; kinda lazy to type 'em out, but its a pretty popular parlour, you should know:) the last thing we got from the food hall was a pack of petites fougasses(signature french bread with sweet/savoury fillings(above). One filled with Belgium chocolate, another with curry chicken, another with bacon & cheese, and the last, with sausage & cheese.(in order of which we ate first:D). This was from a shop towards the end of the hall, 'Le Grenier a(with a stroke on top) Pain'. They sold this orgasmic-looking muffin too, a lava chocolate muffin fille with chocolate ganache. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just thinking of it makes be drool, as in seriously(wipes river from chin). That, i'm gonna get with Baby Banana 2 tmr(sincere condolences to Baby Banana 3 whose really sick right now=/). Manages to pull of the urge to get that muffin today; success once again! I'll tell you how it is then:) Look forward to a really loooooong description. Next, we went to ION to check out the shops there. Market Place.. my all-time favourite supermarket! It puts NTUC/Cold Storage to utter shame=( Then we dinnered at the Food Opera at the basement and enjoyed an nice spicy $9.30(WTH, i know right?!) nasi padang(above) from the Muslim stall, Padang. Kind of a rip-off, don'cha think? But I must admit, the dishes were pretty good, oif not there wouldn't be such a long queue as the one we saw. Well that was the last of the pleasures we enjoyed today. Once again, I had to resist the mouth-watering-looking shope along the way to the MRT. Marvellous Cream looked like heaven. I've been spending waaaaayy too much recently! ..Maybe...tmr=D .. Thanks to Nat, or else I'd have had a hole in my pocket by now. Brisk-walked home after catching up with Hemant & Aliff for a little while at Tampines. Some exercise after all that indulgence:) See you soon again guys, toodles!
Btw, Hokkaido Ice cream is pretty good too, if you're looking for something low fat, on the healthier side. They've got some interesting savoury/sweet crepes too, with toppings! ALL at the food hall. There's another shop which sells crepes, Tokyo Crepe Girl(above), and a burger outler, R Burger(above). I've sworn to have a taste of these 2 on my next visit, or perhaps the next next one. PLEASE CHECK 'EM OUT, ALL my recommendations. No regrets, you got to trust me... trust me on that;) heh~
Edited: Sorry dearies, I forgot to mention one of the coolest things I've ever heard of... a NASI LEMAK cookie! It's available at the food hall at Taka. Sadly they ran outta samples today but Nat claims they were delicious! I think I can trust him.. hope there'll be some tmr xD 'Cos 1 box for $40, no way. I'll stick to sampling for now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment