Monday, December 28, 2009

...& that's why I totally forgot about my planned run!



Baby bananas/Oreo Cookie & Cream came over today morning=D B2 had been begging me for a raspberry cheesecake for the longest time! So I decided to surprise both B2 & B3 with my very own Raspberry Oreo cake yesterday morning. Yeah, I topped it up a notch  with the oreo to symbolise us;) A little Christmas prezzie for my darlings <3 Above is my masterpiece. Below is my very own recipe for it  NO BAKE, & easily done:) ..
[9" by 9" pan]
Base:
-> ~3 handfuls crushed mini oreo cookies
-> 4 tbsp melted butter

Filling:
-> 8 oz.(1 cup/16tbsp) Philledelphia Cream Cheese - half 60% less fat and the other half 80% less fat*
-> 3/4 cup brown sugar**
-> Half/ quartered mini oreos(I didn't count how many I used), with raspberry jam(the one where the seeds can be seen) spreaded inside
-> 1 cuppa whipped cream

Directions:
Mix the crushed cookies with the butter till it form a slightly sticky texture which holds together and doesnt break apart very easily. Then , spread it along the base of your pan. After you're done, put it the the freezer. Next, whip the whipped cream till it forms peaks, then refrigerate. Following that, whip the cream cheese till soft and slides off your spoon with ease when held up. Add in the sugar and mix well. Then, fold in the oreos. Remove the whipped cream from the fridge and fold into the mixture. Next, remove the base from the freezer and pour in the mixture. Add drops of raspberry jam all over and swirl into the cheesy mixture. For decorative purposes, spread raspberry jam in between 7 mini oreos and place on top of the cheesecake at desired places, together with sprinkles of crushed oreo bits and drops of raspberry jam. Finally, put in into the freezer for a couple o' hours and take it out abt 5 min before serving. TADA~~~~~~~ ;D

I was so glad that Baby bananas LOVED it, and finished a little more than half the cake all by themselves=D


Moving on, Ah Gwan Mee pok! The most innovative mee pok i've seen yet, with added clams, pork liver, sliced fish, and even crayfish!, something different from the usual with only minced pork, prawns and lard. Everything are fresh ingredients except for the frozen clams. I got it off the papers and told dad about it immediately. Its his favourite dish:) So we went there for dinner last night. To be honest, i've tasted better, and the noodles didnt taste very out-of-the-ordinary. What I like about it was the variety of ingredients inside, and the fact that unlike many i've tried, this wasn't too oily, so it didnt produce the uncomfortable greasy-afterfeeling. The $3 version gives you the usual I had the $7 one(above) which had the first 3 ingredients above, with an additional 2 pieces of crayfish. I <3 crayfish:) Dad took the same, and I shared with him a bowl of dumpling soup as well. Mom had the $3 version, which had the first 3 ingredients above. The $4 bowl would give you a slightly bigger bowl than the $3. The $5 bottle would give you the $4 plus extra slices fish. Mee pok tah and porridge are their specialities, with a couple of side dishes available besides these too. Click HERE for views from the Makansutra Forums!
-Over & Out-

*You could use full fat, or any kind of cream cheese you like. Philledelphia is my trusted brand tho'.
**You could use white caster sugar too, but I chose brown for a healthier choice as it contains molasses and nutrients unavailable in the customary white version. It's the only kind of sugar I have in my household anyway, besides fructose. I feel h/w, that brown sugar gives food a more defined flavour; healthier AND tastier! The price is slightly higher though.

2 comments:

  1. BABY, thanz for the ORCC!
    Great ttm:D BTW, it's added to my list of best food <3s! erm, can i have more?

    SHEERRRY:-)

    ReplyDelete